Rapper-producer MC Mong ignited fresh controversy with back-to-back live streams, publicly apologizing for mentioning EXO member Baekhyun by name — yet pressing on with a series of shocking allegations that continue to roil the entertainment industry.
On May 19, MC Mong hosted a second live broadcast on his TikTok sub-account. During the stream, he said, "Baekhyun is such a good person that I don’t even want to talk about him anymore," adding, "I still feel so sorry to Baekhyun, and I love him very much. There’s no one like him." It was a public admission of regret for explicitly naming Baekhyun in the previous day’s broadcast.
Earlier, in his first live, MC Mong claimed that various accusations surrounding him were fabricated by a shadowy group. In doing so, he brought up Baekhyun, implying the EXO star had once been targeted with gambling temptations by people around him. He also mentioned Baekhyun while explaining the contract and production cost structure for artists under the label 'One Hundred,' where he had involvement — further fanning the controversy.
The tone remained intense in the second stream. MC Mong again referenced an individual identified as A, who is said to be the paternal uncle of PIAC Group chairman Cha Gawon, alleging A was offering money to women around him to manufacture lies about MC Mong. He accused several figures of systematically spreading falsehoods and even disclosed related message exchanges. However, these are unilateral claims from MC Mong’s side, and none of the facts have been independently verified.
MC Mong also corrected his stance on YouTuber Caracula. In the first live, he alleged a video about him had been deleted in exchange for money, but in the second stream he walked that back, saying it wasn’t Caracula but another YouTuber, Gujaeyeok, and apologized. Caracula’s side has already announced legal action, calling the initial claim false.
Meanwhile, several people whose real names were mentioned have pushed back hard. Actor Kim Min-jong’s side refuted the claims as untrue and warned of civil and criminal action, while another party has filed a complaint against MC Mong for spreading false information.
While MC Mong struck a cautious tone regarding Baekhyun — saying he didn’t want Baekhyun to suffer needless damage — he maintained his overall exposé posture. He even cited specific figures for advances and album production budgets for 'One Hundred' artists, further inflaming the debate.
MC Mong said this would be his final broadcast on the matter, with no additional revelations to come. Still, with so many names already dragged into the fray, the fallout seems likely to continue for some time.